View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 01:19 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It's likely the "trainer" in me and all the courses I've taken to obtain that title that is coming out in me and why I asked?

Just knowing our rules are different, I was just curious on yours is all.

Speaking of the Seattle Kraken, my old supervisor, John Goodwin, is now scouting for them. He is great friends with Ron Francis, which started back in their playing days for the OHL Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He was also the assistant coach/coach of the Oshawa Generals for a few years.

I met "Goody" back in 89 at DNGS (Nuke plant) and worked with him for around 2-3 yrs.

He was a heck of a hockey player during his day but his stint in the NHL didn't work out as planned as he got drafted by Montreal, and because of the play the French guys first attitude, he never had an opportunity. Too bad as I honestly think he would have made a great NHL'r.

https://www.facebook.com/OHGOntario/...990657/?type=3

https://soogreyhounds.com/article/mo...dwin-was-great

Anyways, sorry for getting off track here. All the best to your son and his hockey dream.
That's a cool association!

I got an update about learn to play hockey and why it's on the back burner. As NHL moves into our Eastern WA region, they are creating a tiered system of approval. They don't want Spokane Youth Hockey to be like the YMCA, where young kids without training and skating skills are the majority. So new recruits must be "invited" to move up the ladder. They must be invited/approved out of learn to skate, then invited out of learn to play. I was originally told this would start in December, but now the date is pushed back to February. Supposedly this is more like the Canadian system.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo