View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 11:08 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

Thank you for posting the photo. What you have, I believe, is quite rare. Topps usually sold wax boxes in cases like yours, but once the case was opened the boxes themselves weren't sealed in any particular way. In 1986, that changed in limited circumstances. Topps factory sealed wax boxes in three different ways that year, for sale at "wholesale clubs" like Sams and Costco. Some boxes had plain yellow tape sealing them, some had yellow tape with a "SWC" and a number printed on the tape in red, and even fewer were factory wrapped in cellophane. This was not shrink wrap like BBCE wraps its boxes with, but was actual cellophane with folds on the ends that looked like a cello pack. What you have, I believe, is a factory sealed case of the cellophane wrapped boxes. You should be able to look straight down on the top of the case, and if there is a small opening between the two main flaps, you should be able to shine a light down and it will reflect on the cellophane. I would keep that case sealed, as it's a pretty neat rarity for 1986 wax cases.
kevin