View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 12:11 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
In my opinion once a BST thread falls off the first couple pages, it's dead. I've listed hundreds (thousands?) of BST sale threads and once it's off the first page or two, I forget about it. And 99.9% of the time no one else ever looks at it either.

That's the main thing to consider in my opinion. As a seller, when you list something on the BST, you expect that it's only getting eyes when it's on the first page. When you quit bumping it, you're letting it die. And because it's so rare for someone to dredge up an old thread, it's really not worth the time to find your thread on page 24 and update that the card sold on ebay 2 months after you listed it on the BST.

If a net54 member finds a thread on page 40 or whatever and expects the seller to honor that price, that member is being unreasonable in my opinion.
Agree with this. Although looking at B/S/T now, most categories have a first page that goes back up two 10-15 days, but a less frequently utilized category may stretch back longer. If it's anything more than 10-15 days but still on the first page, I think it makes sense to inquire if the card is still available in the first place.
I'll also add I would much rather have a system like this, where cards have prices listed with a small risk that the price would be changed due to circumstances, than one where cards listed in the B/S/T all or mostly include "make an offer" instead of pricing.