View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 01:37 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Many are collectors who become investors when the price is right. Many are pure investors (see the modern world especially) and some are pure collectors. I will not sell most of my items for any price. I would not sell my boxing T collection for 20x it's value. I only sell my dupes or random pickups I find and don't really want but recognize are an easy flip. I give away for free more than I have sold. Some things are just for fun, and hobby land is a lot more enjoyable when it's not run as a $$ game. Cards are a break from the cash race for some. Collectors tend to rail at investors, investors tend to deny collectors really exist. Collecting isn't better than half/half or pure investing, but it is an extant thing.

Regardless of which of the 3 we all are, this card sucks for everyone. Right on Wright's face. It's odd because Topps did pay attention to the stamping on plenty leader/manager and standard design base cards. Most base cards have the stamps on the left or right bottom where it interferes with the picture less depending on the players pose. Some of the leaders like this McDowell/Lolich/Johnson have it placed in a spot clearly intended to not totally ruin the card, so they didn't blindly stamp everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (200.4 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-1.jpg (194.7 KB, 302 views)