View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default First 2008 Recent Pickups thread

Posted By: Keith

Just wanted to share some of my recent pickups. Would love to see the treasures you guys have come across as well.

First, in an antique mall, I pickup this 1958 National League Champs Milwaulkee Braves pennant, with the names on the scroll to the left.

Next, in an estate auction I picked up these 2 great vintage football books. The first one is a 1st edition 1909 Walter Camp book entitled: Jack Hall at Yale, A football Story. The second one is written by U Penn famous football player and College HOFer T. Truxton Hare and is entitled Kent of Malvern.

Next picked up a couple vintage Football photos: The first is a early 1890's cabinet card of a Kenyon College Football player, and the second is a small unidentified team photograph with a dated trophy ball that is difficult to make out: either '85 or '88

Then I picked up a real photo postcard of the Philadelphia College Medico Chi football team of 1905. Medico Chi later merged with UPenn.

Lastly, I picked up this very small (difficult to photograph) pin or tie tack from Ohio State that reads Athletic Association '13-'14