View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 06:35 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
That's the problem Gary. I think A-Roid has been the one that has been made an example of which isn't a bad candidate. But Bonds shouldn't be brought up in Greatest of All-Time forum as a result of his use either.

McGwire fan always even though he cheated even though he admitted it (finally).

It's really just a weird situation. Steroids in general. If you have ever seen the documentary "Bigger Faster Stronger" it might change your opinion on them in general I know it changed mine. But still even though I think steroids ARE publicly and lawfully viewed as wrong I will say that they're not as harmful as they're made out to be. In a sense they're made out just as bad as pot used to be made out. Don't get me wrong there ARE side effects that are negative and probably a lot worse than pot but it's just a comparison.

I guess what i'm saying for me personally it's really hard. So many players did it. You can dislike players and use the steroid fact against them if you dislike them because they're a-holes like Bonds and A-Roid. But when it comes down to it they did physically do what they did when other people were also using as well.

Still a LOT of former PED users in the league right now and my team is no different. Jose Quintana, Adrien Nieto, Melky Cabrera, etc.

Hard to say it but if players are (silently banned) from the HOF for it then it's a NO NO. Otherwise you let the 8 men out back in.
It's been said more than once: if you took a whole bottle of aspirin, caffeine pills or steroids, the only one that wouldn't kill you would be the steroids. That having been said, anyone who thinks PEDs are gone from the game is not living in the real world. None of the Biogenics players ever tested positive for any banned substance, and very few 39 year-old's have ever hit 30+ HR's.

Comeback player of the year? Not by my vote.

Larry

Last edited by ls7plus; 07-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.