View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 05:49 AM
Ge0rge Tr0end1e

Default 1910 E91-C American Caramel Bob Unglaub (played by Ralph Seybold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Ralph Seybold, RF, from the E91A set was dropped in the E91B set, with Dan Murphy RF designation taking over his artwork.

Brian (I think I almost confused myself with all these words)
The E91-C team now offers the Bob Unglaub Story, a tragedy that ends with our hero's untimely and gruesome death in an industrial accident involving a locomotive and well, you will have to see it to believe it. Playing the part of Unglaub will be Ralph Seybold (unless he is needed elsewhere to play Dan Murphy). From Unglaub's SABR biography, we offer this tease:

A story is told of Unglaub during his stay in Milwaukee. His manager, Joe Cantillon, and several players were walking the streets of Indianapolis. They stopped on a corner to take in the spectacle of a Salvation Army gathering, complete with brass band. Much to their amazement, out of the crowd stepped Bob Unglaub to repent his evil ways.

“I am sorry to admit it,” he said, “but I am a baseball player. I don’t know how I ever got into such a degrading, sinful business. It is an awful game and the men who play it are sinners, not fit for God-fearing people to associate with.”

Cantillon had to restrain his companions from going after their teammate as Unglaub finished his testimony, and they then went on their way. When telling this story a few years later, Cantillon was asked if Unglaub had quit baseball after his epiphany. “Hell no,” snapped the manager, “He was the first man in line at the pay window on the first and fifteenth of every month.”

https://www.net54baseball.com/attach...1&d=1623584816
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a1910E91-CAmericanCaramelUnglaub4074Front2.jpg (30.5 KB, 357 views)