View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:36 AM
M@rk Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb67 View Post
Here is my earliest Bench card I have. I never thought I would end up find this one but I was able to land this a while back. Below is a little background info. on this rarity. Hopefully we can get some other Bench collectors posting as well. Always fun to share info. on our childhood heroes.

PSA Write-Up
1967 Cincinnati Reds Team Issue Postcard. This is the first card listed in the Bench Master Set. It offers a black-and-white shot of a young Bench with a facsimile autograph in blue and the team name in red below it. Hollinden believes these were sold at the stadium and at the local Reds gift shop. His PSA EX-MT 6 is the only graded example.

"I can't imagine there are a lot of these because Bench didn't get called up until the middle of the summer [August]," said Hollinden. "I'm not sure when they produced them, but I have to think that it wasn't until he came up.

David,

WOW! That is an awesome Bench piece. I may have mentioned it in the past, but I really like how the Reds team issues are set up. Thanks so much for posting the picture of Bench. “Almost” gets a person to be a Reds collector.