View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM
J@son Per1

I'm quite bullish on the next 6 months. After that, who knows. I can see a leveling off post Covid but that '52 Mays card is only going up.

Vintage baseball has seen a steady growth these past 12-18 months. Certain players went up substantially (Ruth, Aaron, Mays and Robinson in particular) but a lot of other players didn't move that much, especially compared to basketball and to modern.

In the past ten days since Hank Aaron's passing, vintage has made a big jump and it seems to be involving a greater variety of old cards. There's likely another stimulus coming and the sports card market has been in the news quite a bit lately. You've got mainstream sports media like ESPN and The Ringer talking about it (the first episode of The Ringer sports card podcast was horrid btw). The momentum is huge and the next 6 months should see more growth.

Yes, some collectors will be taking a profit, but more people continue to enter the market. Things look good and the bubble is expanding like 5-piece wad of chewing gum being blown by Kurt freaken Bevacqua. Put me in the bulls corner.