View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Curt

I am in the same boat as you. I never had the intention of selling.
It has always been in the back of my mind, but I was really hoping that my sons would take an interest. I would have lost my mind to inherit a collection a fraction as cool as i feel mine is.

It's hard not to consider getting the most out of the key cards that are exploding though. I will probably let this opportunity pass me by, as i really don't want to sell them plus I hate the hassles that come with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianruns10 View Post
Header says it. I collect 52 and 56 Topps. And observing the prices, some players are going gangbusters. For example, Robinson and Mays in the 52 set. I bought a PSA 6 Mays, dead centered in 2014 for $2600, and just in the last week, a PSA 5, badly centered, sold for a whopping $12,600.

Part of me thinks maybe I should cash out. But I'm not in this for money, and I love my collection. But I'm trying to be real about it. Is this a bubble? Or are we seeing a correction on cards like the Mays and Robinson that have been historically undervalued when compared to the Mantle?

Do I hang on to the card, or take the money and reinvest?