View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Matthew, that Satchel Paige is outstanding. DEAD FREAKING CENTERED, and in really nice shape. Whatever you paid was worth it.

And John O, regarding Aaron... the night before he passed I made an ebay offer on a nice looking PSA 2 '54 Aaron, but it was declined. The odd thing is I'd never tried to buy a graded Aaron, ever. I had a raw one I got here years ago that I eventually traded, but I just had a "hank-ering" to own a nice, graded example. Wish I'd gone the extra $200 and just bought it. I did ended up getting a raw one the next day, and it's a great looking card, but boy-oh-boy did I have to pay for it, since they'd just announced his passing.
Thanks, that's very kind of you to say. I think that the 1953 Satch card is definitely his nicest looking (among the 3!) and also the cheapest. I just wanted one with great eye appeal (and missed out on a few) so I resigned myself to paying more than I wanted to get this example. I am glad you appreciate it. I am moving my collecting direction towards former NLB players that were lucky enough to make to the majors and appear on MLB cards. After getting some nice Jackie's I felt this would be a fun collection direction, and this Satch is a foundational piece for that direction.