Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Scott R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
This may be hard for you to believe, but it is possible for some people to be disappointed in a decision someone else makes without completely condemning them, calling them incompetant at every turn, ranting like a lunatic ad nauseum, conjuring countless inane analogies, turning every thread into a hate-filled diatribe, etc. etc.

Just sayin'
I completely get that all of these TPA's are fallible...even the big 2.

But what I don't understand as of yet (since I'm fairly new to the industry), is the poor quality of some of the forgeries that are being certed (particularly the high end autos). Some of these are so bad, that the company that issued the cert is the only one claiming them be authentic.

Is it the fact that so many Ruth's/Gehrig's/Cobb's are submitted to the big 2, that some very bad versions slip through the cracks? If that's the case, I would argue that I deserve much better service for my $200 authentication fee. I've submitted Ruth auto's at national events, and on average, I have an answer within 30 minutes....which would equate to $400 per hour. At that rate, bad versions shouldn't slip through (but I do understand a well executed forgery occasionally getting through).

And don't get me wrong, I have no problem with paying the fee...because as a little guy, I need the cert and can recoup that fee in the sale price.

Then again, maybe I'm completely off base, and the big 2 have exemplars of atypical Ruth's/Gehrig's/Cobb's that no one else is privy to.