View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 02:30 PM

I would be very very hesitant to purchase anything from this person. I like many had an issue. He ended up fixing it, although it took awhile. I'll stick to the things that just seem very fishy to me.
1. The bad Honus Wagner Autograph

2. The multiple Walter Payton autograph listings. He would list say 10 Walter Payton Autographs and sell them to multiple people and then when questioned, would say it's ok, I have multiples of this and everyone will get what they ordered. If you had that many that you wanted to sell, why not list that many to start with?

3. The disconnected phone

4. All the excuses are just way too many

5. All of the "Quick Sale" listings. If you research scammers, they always try to get you to commit as quick as possible.

6. Some of the prices are way too low. Walter Payton mini for $140 when it is easily a $400 to $500 item.

Gil Hodges 1959 Topps Autograph for $160 when that is easily a $300 to $400 item.

1968 Topps Auto Roger Maris for $160 WHen that is easily a $400 tyo $500 item.

Six Autographed Walter Payton cards for $100? Way too cheap. They should sell for at least $50 each. And he sold multiple lots from this listing at that price.

7. The Multiple Ken Hubbs Autographs. I counted three that he had for sale. When he was questioned about those by a board member, je just ignored that question.

8. Find his stuff on ebay and then that person says it isn't him but he is selling stuff for him. May be true but if so, why can't he sell his own stuff?

9. The Jose/Joseph name thing

I made a small purchase from him and I have to say that after that the Honus Wagner thing hit and it all made me uneasy. I even had communication with Leon about my issues with Jose and was keeping him up to date on if there was resolution. WHen I told him everything worked out "ok" I also told Leon I would NOT buy anything else from him. I just started seeing too many warning signs.

Chr..is S4re..ve

Last edited by vintagechris; 01-09-2014 at 02:54 PM.