View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 09:18 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
Ez. Its Angel Hernandez.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
This is the blown call at first base, right? I would rank that as the worst.

I was a high school umpire for two seasons. In my first season I was umpiring a game with severe wind. Man on first and second. Kid hit a foul ball out of the stadium between home plate and the dugout. The wind gusted and blew the ball back into the stadium and just fair 20 feet up the first base line. It caused havoc! Defense got a double play, first base coach was irate. I SHOULD have called it an infield fly. But neither me nor the first base ump had signaled the call. We huddled and pulled out our umpire books scouring for an answer about application of the infield fly rule, but we couldn't find diddly! We let the play stand and played the rest of the game under protest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 03-22-2021 at 09:19 PM.