View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Matt,
I agree with the opinions posted so far. I think the Mantle is good. I think the Williams is also, but I admit to not being as comfortable with his sig as others are.
As far as PSA is concerned, I would not bother.
IMHO, the only reason to get an opinion from a TPA or individual person like Richard Simon is to make YOU feel better. It will not make the pictures look better in the frame.
I have thousands of autos in my collection. I have never submitted a single one for "authentication." If you are going to hang and enjoy, their approval serves no purpose. While I agree that if you sell them a cert of some sort might help you get a higher price for it, I would wait until that time comes. Who Knows, in 20-30 yrs, PSA, JSA, and others may be long gone and have no weight in the marketplace. I think, financially, it will be much better to have the company that is considered the best, at that time, give you the cert then.
I'm not knocking TPAs, as I don't want to start another one of those discussions, just looking at it from the perspective of what I feel is most practical for you purposes.

Enjoy,
Mark
+1