View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 05:48 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Thinking about the vote of confidence in Joe Orlando... what were they going to say? We're buying the company and firing the top brass? Not bloody likely. Would make a whole lot of negative news for no reason.

Doesn't mean they think he's a long term fix. But he's a necessary evil during the transition time. Think of the new ownership group as the GM of a football team who keeps getting asked when the head coach is getting fired; it will happen in due time.
Some of us dislike him because we think he favors certain submitters, doesn't do enough to stop doctored cards from getting through, and presides over a culture where dissent and questions are not tolerated. But if you're looking at this purely as a matter of dollars and cents, it's hard to deny that Joe has done a great job growing the PSA brand. The record revenues and backlogs attest to that, as does the fact that the scandal hasn't touched PSA. I'm not sure I would be thinking about replacing him.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 12-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.