View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:12 AM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
People that can spend 50k on a card (not me) have to consider fakes and be aware. If they don't they will eventually be out of some money, just as soon as the music stops.

Reminds me of the time, several years back, I bought a PRO graded Ruth ...To that point I had only seen really bad grading in their holders. After that I unfortunately found out they also graded fakes as originals. Regarding TPGs, I am happy another one is ramping up. If I am correct, they are the only one of the regular TPGs (and I think they will be regular) that offer a guaranty on their graded cards, and not just for the incorrectly done grading fees.

Hi Leon,

As for the Fro-Joy Ruth, isn't it still technically possible that the one you pictured is real? I know that SGC (and PSA I believe) stopped grading that issue. Presumably because they couldn't discern between the real ones and the numerous fake ones?

I looked in to purchasing one of those a few years back but gave up...because if SGC and PSA admitted they can't tell the difference, then I wouldn't have a chance. It's not like I could just buy a few authentic commons to analyze the look, feel, smell, etc. (which is my usual practice before I buy something expensive)...because every card in the set is a Ruth