View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 11:56 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Marvin Miller is on the ballot as well and his exclusion to this point is a complete joke. The pettiness of executives who sat on the various incarnations of these committees is the only thing that has kept Miller out all these years. His contributions to the game are undeniable and IMHO more significant than those of Bud Selig or Bowie Kuhn. It's a shame he didn't live to see his induction but it's time the Hall erased this black mark on its voting history and elect him. Aside from that, Whitaker and Simmons have the "steam" heading into this election and I don't feel the HOF is significantly lessened with their inclusions.

Edited to add, I would've liked to see some new blood on this ballot. All but 2 of these guys have been examined ad nauseum on past veterans committees and fell short, so unless they are specifically trying to shoehorn a couple of these players in, it's probably time to look more closely at players like Bobby Grich, and a man I was definitely hoping to see get his shot this year, Al Oliver.

Last edited by dgo71; 11-08-2019 at 02:12 AM.