View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default PSA vs. SCG -- Discount Valuation

Posted By: barrysloate

Actually, while it is a common practice, and I thought of it as I was posting, I think there is something wrong with that, and I always did.

Even in that situation if you are asking a company to review a card, I don't think the consumer should be able to dictate parameters to the grading company. That's like taking a class and telling the professor your minimum grade requirement on the exam.

Because we come back to the same argument: what if you resubmit one of your 8's to PSA with directions for them not to grade it less than an 8, and upon reexamination they discover to their chagrin that the card is trimmed and never should have been graded? Why aren't they allowed to rectify the error?

If your answer is hardly anyone would resubmit a card under those conditions, then that's fine with me. If the so-called "grading game" ceased to exist that would be a plus for the hobby. It would reduce considerably the number of cards resubmitted.

Which of course goes against the whole purpose of the half grade program- creating a fresh stream of revenue for the company. It's not about grading, it's about the bottom line.