View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 11:50 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Just bought my 1st ever cell phone...i heard those giggling in the background!
I can understand that. In 2004 I moved from Mass to D.C. while working for a Fortune 100 company. I did not keep in touch with anyone so I did not need a cell phone. A few years later they had this offer from Verizon - 20% corporate discount on every plan. I said what the heck and got a free flip phone with 50 minutes per month (yes, minutes!) for $20 per month. A few years ago my wife paid $99 to replace the original one when it no longer held a charge. It was a 3G phone. Last year they sent me a 4G flip phone for free and upped my calling to unlimited with no contract. I paid $22 last month. Even though I left the company 14 years ago I still get the corporate discount. In all of the years I had the 50 minutes I only exceeded it twice while travelling and needing to call my wife. Most months I used no minutes. I don't text, tweet, take pictures or anything else. To me it is just a phone. A few weeks ago they sent me an offer for a supposed free 'smart' phone - Samsung Galaxy 5G. They also offered the competitor, but I don't do the cult of Apple. For sh#ts and giggles I may check out the offer as there is a Verizon store in the mall across the street from my complex.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”