View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Jerry
Jer.ry Fic.chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I voted no also. I think people should be required to put their real name under their user ID so you at least have an idea who you are talking with.
I respectfully disagree with both Barry and Doug. How would my last name attached to a post add anything pertinent to a thread? For the sake of a forum such as this, they're simply letters on a heading above written thoughts and opinions. If I were to write Jerry Jones or Jerry Smith or Jerry Simpson, would that give you an idea of who you're talking with? No, it wouldn't. As a matter of fact, surnames don't tell you anything about a person that is pertinent to this hobby. A well thought out username, however, can. I chose Mr. Mitt. That tells you much more about my collecting interests than my last name ever would.

I do, however, understand the need to know who posts here so another Bonds73 fiasco doesn't take place. I believe Leon has taken the appropriate steps and precautions to limit and quickly rectify a situation such as this if it were to ever arise again. I have no problem providing any information required to the forum owner, as long as it is held in confidence and only used if my actions are illegal or belligerent toward another.

Jerry