View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaks1912 View Post
Mike, It appears that your 1971 pass is "unissued" as the recipient's name is missing. Once a pass is issued to a particular person (media, employee, guest, or otherwise), a pass is presented at a special ticket window or club office. The name / number is recorded (sometimes) and the recipient receives the ticket, or tickets, requested. I received the League and Association passes for many years, and used them every year. None of mine were ever marked or punched. And, since I'm a collector at heart, I stored my pass away in a mylar holder from the day I received it. None of mine show any wear, or indication of 'use', but I can assure you they were used often during the season. In addition to the passes that were issued to me, I have also collected over 100 different, both from the majors and minors. Clearly some of the earlier passes, which were usually made of paper, will exhibit wear. But most were cared for by the recipient. And, despite various semantics used, a pass is NOT a ticket
Great info from all around good guy, Mark MacRae!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-16-2023 at 12:31 PM.