View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman7baseball View Post
To all the people wondering why I didn't use Google.

First, I did use Google. I bought the cards yesterday and read for hours. I compared hundreds of images. What I don't understand why all you find it so surprising I asked a question about authenticity.

Forgive me I did not have a REAL t206 in the back of the closet. I want to go buy one sometime this week when I have time. The thing is the nearest card shop is 2 hours away.

Yes society and the younger generation is part of an instant gratification era, but do not group me in such group. I am a financial analysts. I find information for a living. What Google advised me to do was too basic and the tools I needed (black light & REAL t206 card) I did not have... The next best thing Google advised me to do was ask collectors who have been handling cards like these for decades.

If you have a problem with me posting this thread then contact Google and tell them to organize their hundreds of pages information about t206. Perhaps you can help them go through each one and find out which site is legitimate. From there you should help them rank it from best to worst. The thing is Google's key word recognition is how google ranks the sites. This does not mean they are the "best" site for what you are looking for. Hence, why I am here asking collector's that have knowledge about these cards that far surpass mine.

Lastly, no one forced you to read this thread. Nor did I ask you to critic me on my methods of finding knowledge about t206 cards...

Thank you,

Colby Tan
Colby - it's a discussion board. If you don't like it, go somewhere where you know that everyone will respond exactly as you would like them to.

But in keeping with the spirit of your post, and your demand - I ONLY read the first sentence and last sentence. That was enough to tell me that the stuff in-between was probably just bitching.