View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Default Question about a lot in the last Hunt Auction

Posted By: Matt

There are 3 stances to be taken here that I can see:
1) Due to Hunts impeccable reputation, there is no need for any further clarification on what happened here.
2) There are unanswered questions here that should be clarified by Hunt.
3) The facts on the ground mean Hunt did something wrong.

Somehow Corey believes I am in camp 3, when nowhere in this thread have I come to any such conclusion. I am firmly in camp 2; somehow by asking those questions, it has been assumed by some that I have concluded they did something wrong. What I am having a difficult time understanding is those in camp 1; the reason being that the explanation given by the Hunt rep does not answer all the questions at hand and may actually serve to raise more of them.

Quan, Jodi, Barry - if you read through the thread, you will see that even Josh, who seems to be disagreeing with me (although I think we agree), concedes that it cannot be explained by a single mistake, but rather a series of mistakes compounded on each other.

JimB - actually if their new estimate was $1250-$1750, then a $1200 bid is within that range due to the juice; the hidden reserve would be $1100 or so.

I have contacted Hunt about this 3 days ago and still no response. If I have time today I'll give them a call to follow up.