View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:56 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Have you ever been to an NHRA race before, Rob? Unfortunately I haven't, only top alcohol event up here at Cayuga many many years ago.
Going to Gainesville, or another city somewhere is definitely high on my bucket list.

Yes, I have been to a few. The NHRA used to come to Memphis Motorsports Park as part of their season from '88 thru 2009 as the Mid-South Nationals then the O-Reilly Auto Parts Mid-South Nationals. That being local I want from '88 thru '90 and then sporadically until the NHRA dropped this race on the circuit. Really fun seeing Snake in his last years in the funny car, Eddie Hill in TF, McCulloch, etc. Nothing like how you can walk around in the pits and watch, and even interact with the drivers. Also went up to the HHRA race just outside St. Louis a few years ago. A lot of fun, but I just don't enjoy the new cars. I am hoping to get up to Bowling Green, KY for the Holley Hot Reunion in the next couple of years. They run nostalgia cars and also have a cackle-fest at the end where some of the old funny cars and dragsters from back in the day come out for an exhibition. You should definitely hit Gainesville some day, an NHRA event is definitely an experience. Take your hearing protection, there is nothing like the sound.