View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:17 PM

Default OT/ Question about selling on B/S/T

Sorry for the off topic but I have questions about selling on the B/S/T.

Over the past year, there have been some cards that I would have really liked to have added to my collection. These cards don't come up for sale very often and the prices were less than what I thought they were going to be. The problem was/is, my money is going to pay for bills and other expenses.

I have some nice condition 1958 and 1961 Topps baseball cards that are extras and would like to sell them. I also just picked up some Topps football cards at a yard sale (on a side note, I just missed out on a T206 common with a brown Hindu back at the same yard sale. Price? $5 dollars. ACK).

I know I could just put these cards up on eBay and they could possibly sell (maybe for more than I think they are worth if somebody just has to have them). But then there is the chance they don't sell, the buyer doesn't pay or some other problem AND I get hit with the fees.

I have read good things about the B/S/T on this board HOWEVER, I don't know what to do as far as prices go. I don't want to give the cards away yet I don't want to start out with prices so high that people think I am a joke or trying to rip people off.

So, for those who sell on the B/S/T, what do you do, as far as determining prices for your cards?

David