View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
I know I could just put these cards up on eBay and they could possibly sell (maybe for more than I think they are worth if somebody just has to have them). But then there is the chance they don't sell, the buyer doesn't pay or some other problem AND I get hit with the fees.
Well, if the buyer doesn't pay, you don't get hit with fees (as long as you open a non-payment case).

Regardless of your "sales outlet", there is a distinct difference between auctioning and selling. With auctioning, there has to be two people who want the item to "maximize" the price. With a sale, it only takes one.

I like to sell on BST because I like to see the cards go to collectors here. There are times when I put a card up and it sells in less than five minutes. Sometimes I kick myself thinking I could have squeaked a few more bucks on it... but then again, maybe it was priced perfectly. Other times my cards just sit and sit and sit.

I try to price cards fairly, and think I generally do a good job at that. I had a list of 146 raw T206s on BST last week and that list is down to 35 now. I did drop my prices twice... each time selling another bulk of cards. Selling 100+ cards in a week on BST tells me that they were priced fairly, even in that initial pass.

Regarding pricing your items... if you honestly don't know what they are "worth", you could simply start at a price that is X% higher than your cost (assuming that you track that) and then lower over time. I don't think that there's anything wrong with dropping prices over time.