View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 10:12 PM

I'm now at 45 signed Sports Illustrateds.

Not pictured is a Sports Illustrated signed by Michael Graham, who was on the cover in 1984 after Georgetown won the National Championship. I omitted it because it's personalized, but he thanked me for my friendship.

Both Michael Graham and Rick Slager I managed to connect with them after adding them on LinkedIn, and they were nice enough to oblige when I emailed or messaged them my request. I thank them both, and it was very kind of them to do so.

I really like the Shealy cover. That's going to be a hard cover to complete. He's the only one I know of who signs by mail. Art Schlichter has lived a troubled life of being in and out of prison. The other three I cannot seem to track down. Still, a signed cover is a signed cover, and I love getting the former college athletes to sign these.

Then, there's Andy North, a two-time U.S. Open Champion. This was the second time he appeared on the cover, and he returned this to me in relatively short order.

Rich Karlis has always been a very good signer by mail. When I first started expanding my Sports Illustrated collection, this was one of the SIs I wanted signed the most. It's a really cool cover.

I gave a big thank you to all five for helping expand my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0328.jpg (74.9 KB, 950 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0331.jpg (72.1 KB, 953 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0330.jpg (71.1 KB, 955 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0329.jpg (71.7 KB, 951 views)