View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Because people died from the flu. Just like people die from Covid. If your argument is that I have an ethical obligation to wear a mask because you are scared and your vaccine is only 95% effective, but you are at no greater risk than a flue patient in 2019, it is fair to ask what you did when the danger was also tiny but present. It is you who used the excuse that the government didn’t order this for the flu. It is fair to then ask if our standard is ethical or based upon the orders of the state then. It seems that under your last argument I have to wear a mask around people depending on what governmental body has jurisdiction in that place and what they have directed, not the life-saving argument you first used.

I might be young, maybe I’m going downhill, but at least I don’t claim you have to live YOUR life according to MY whims.
You're making the best points by far here, and showing that youth and intelligent reasoning are not mutually exclusive.

... ignore the straw man and "going downhill" comments, they speak of the inability of others here to argue your points...