View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 09:34 AM
J@RR0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Back in the '90's, my sister-in-law was a United stew. He was on her flight once and she got him to sign a cocktail napkin, personalized to me. No issues. Maybe showing some leg and a short skirt helped? My sig isn't close to yours, particularly comparing the "R" and "J." So, I think your sig is bad. My own "Reggie moment" took place maybe 30 years ago at the SF Labor Day show at the Moscone. He was accompanied by a throng of black muscled thugs running interference for him down the aisles. The obvious message was, "get the f*** out of the way." Any collector foolish enough to enter his bubble would get knocked down like a ten pin. My lasting impression of him is, when it is so easy to be nice to people, why be a turd? From the above posts, sadly, some things never change.
I'm really stumped as to why you are calling him a turd? He signed a napkin for your sister-in-law, and then you saw him with security guards. I'm missing the part where your experience was bad.

He was in town at the local minor league park for a playoff game a couple of years ago (just as an honorary attendee, not a signing), and a collector friend of mine asked him to sign THREE balls, and do you know what Reggie said? "Sure." My buddy said he was very cordial, and he gave me one of the signed balls.

Last edited by scmavl; 09-04-2020 at 09:39 AM.