Thread: May Pickups...
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 02:48 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
John....CONGRATS! Thats a big pickup right there...long gone are the days where you could pick an EX card up for a 100 bucks, and that wasn't that long ago. That is a beauty...no creases and really centered, super clean... nicely done. BTW...I am a glutton...when I finished my 67s I just kept buying high numbers when I would see a good deal as I couldn't stop looking...it was like an addiction...lol. I'm now at 450 cards towards a second set! I do need another Carew and Seaver...so...there is that...lol.

Thanks John. I actually didn’t expect this one to happen for a while, but had been on a selling kick of sorts and just extended it to make it work. Especially with graded, this one is going nowhere but up apparently. I figured I had better pickup a raw copy before those go crazy too. There is a podcast somewhere on the ‘67 set where I think Rich Mueller and Jim Beckett are discussing this card, and Rich was recalling being able to buy as many as you could walk away with from bins at Nationals in the late 1970’s for like $2 a pop or something. Too bad I was a toddler at the time...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk