View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 02:20 PM

Default What type of Pen to use on a Wool Jersey?

OK, I need help fast guys, leaving for the National tomorrow on a mission...

Simply, I need to know what kind of Marker/pen/paint marker I need to have for an autograph on an antique WOOL JERSEY.

The jersey I am having autographed is something of a family heirloom...in the 50's, the Cardinals stashed a young righty in a small town in Nebraska named Crofton during the Summer while he was still going to school @ Creighton. This was to allow him to continue to develop as a pitcher, while being out of sight from other scouts before he could be signed. The manager of the Crofton Blue Jays was my Grandpa. My father and uncles were bat boys. The team was sponsored by my grandpas hardware store so the back of the Jersey is embroidered with "Rissler Hardware"

The righty grew up to become Bob Gibson.

The Jersey has "Crofton" embroidered across the chest, and I am hoping to get Gibsons signature on it to the lower right front. It is an off-white/cream jersey, so a silver paint pen is probably not a good choice...the embroidery is Blue with a faded red trim.

I will try to post some pictures in a follow up post, but I've struggled with pics on N54...

Anyway, I leave TOMORROW afternoon, so I'm hoping to get some quick feedback from you experts!

Last edited by RobDerhak; 07-22-2017 at 02:26 PM.