View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Shane

Default Here are some additions that I made to my Topps Cardinals Autograph Collection

Some of you may have seen my thread over at CU on my Topps Cardinals autograph collection. My wife and and my in-laws got me a few Ebay gift cards. I received all three of these signed cards in the mail ON THE SAME DAY (yesterday).

I have been wanting a signed Bob Gibson rookie for a very long time. This one is exactly how I would have wanted it - a vintage ball point ink signature. Of course, it will have to be busted out to put in my album.

I have also wanted some regular base Topps cards signed by Pujols. I already had his 2001 Topps Traded base rookie card signed in a JSA/Beckett holder. I have specifically wanted a 2002 Topps for a long, long time. This 2002 Topps card was signed early in his career. This is probably a 2002 or 2003 signature. I can tell because I have a 2002 team signed baseball and the signature is identical. You can tell because the "A" is thin at the top. In the mid 2000's, his signature changed to where the "A" was really wide at the top (like this 2011 Topps card). I was able to get the 2002, plus the 2011, which was his last Topps card in a Cardinals uniform. The 2002 is authenticated by JSA with a basic certification and sticker on the back. The 2011 Topps has been authenticated by Global with a sticker on the back.

I am very pleased to get these.