View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 08:59 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCox3 View Post
...one of several reasons why I tend to refrain from frequently contributing to this forum, sometimes for years at a stretch. Unfortunately, the internet in general is comprised of all types. Sometimes, one action really ruins what could have been a much more positive experience for all and only serves as an embarrassing blemish for all who contribute here. For all the people who praise the collective knowledge of board members, I wonder if they realize how much stronger the forum would be if it wasn't for such antics. Things like that have driven away many extremely knowledgeable people due to a shared distaste, if not having prevented them from even making an initial post. How do I know? It's been a subject of conversation for ages between many people.
Couldn't agree more, but you're talking about a world that unfortunately doesn't exist anymore, if it ever did. There are rude and nasty people out there, seemingly more all the time, and to participate in anything these days, in person or online, requires a thick skin and the donning of big-boy pants. Having survived this chaotic environment it for three quarters of a century, I can testify that it's not for the faint of heart. It would be lovely if things were different, if our society was arranged for the solace of the meekest among us, but most of the time it seems like the opposite, designed instead to test the patience and character of even the strongest. So we rise to the challenges as they present themselves, while also doing what we can to move our world closer to the ideal.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 10-12-2021 at 09:03 AM.