View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 06:45 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Just LOL at the commentary that sports shows have no place to lay out a political and social agenda.

Fancy an industry, whose history is shrouded in denying access to people of various ethnicities and colors and religions by white hegemonic ownership, and which now wants to throw all that bigoted stuff as far as possible from its current format and offering, allowing and encouraging FULL participation by ALL, and being able to sell it's product to a very multicultural paying populace, taking a stand against practices today that still disenfranchise many due solely to past racist policy and thinking.

The very nerve of such a thought.
I love that those who are confounded by dealing with the fact their own political and social agendas are no longer acceptable cannot keep their mouths closed about it. Always better to know thine enemy.
You said it better than I ever could. My response is that athletes are still citizens and their wealth doesn't necessarily protect them from the same discrimination that other, less famous members of their community face.