View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHR View Post
Doug,

While we're all reminiscing in this thread, have you ever have anything to do with the band Armored Saint? I saw them around 1987'ish when they opened for Alice Cooper. I had no idea who they were before I went to the show but I was blown away by their performance. I've been to probably 300 shows over the years and never saw them again. lol
I have never worked for them, but my lovely wife used to work for their label, so she knew them before she knew me. Hahaha.

I saw Metallica open for them at the Palladium in LA (and saw them open for Metallica a couple times, too).

John Bush, their singer, who was also in Anthrax for a while, was asked to join Metallica back in the day, but he turned them down. When they played their 30th anniversary shows at the Fillmore Dec 2011 in SF, James Hetfield introduced John with "what might have been" prior to performing "The Four Horsemen" with him. Armored Saint opened that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25XSRjC8G3A

Once upon a time, I was in Hamburg, with a band that wasn't metal (Ben Folds Five supporting Travis). I called the lovely wife to say hi, and after a brief chat she cut the conversation short. "I have to go" she said, "why what are you up to?" I asked, "Going to a strip club with the Armored Saint guys" she replied. "Wait, I'm in the Reeperbahn and NOT going to a strip club, and my wife is going to a strip club with a metal band?! What's wrong with this picture" I said. "Bummer for you" she said with a laugh.

Joey Vera, the bass player for "Saint" is going to be playing bass for Mercyful Fate if the previously planned "reunion" tour happens...

Last edited by doug.goodman; 04-03-2020 at 10:11 PM.