View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 01:54 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesfan View Post
OK here are two more ethical or not questions like all the other examples in this thread....
If you sent a card to PSA and Beckett and both times it came back as trimmed and a third time sent to SGC and gets a numeric grade of 6, 7 whatever, would you have to disclose the two trimmed results when selling the SGC card?

OR, if you cracked out a PSA 4 and resubmitted and got a 7 the second time , would you need to disclose that it was previously a PSA 4 and now its a 7?
No, of course not. Unless of course you trimmed the card yourself and are just trying to resubmit until you can sneak one past the goalie, but I don't think that's what you meant here. Graders get stuff wrong often. Even the experienced ones.

I actually got into a huge bidding war recently over a 1953 Topps Jackie Robinson that was graded as "trimmed" by SGC. I ended up winning it for about 3.5x "comps". Clearly, I wasn't the only experienced grader who disagreed with their assessment. They typically sell for about $500 in an AA slab, but I paid $1670 for it, which is about the price of a 4. That's how confident I was that the graders were wrong. I cracked it out and sent it to PSA where they promptly gave it the PSA 6 that it deserved.