View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Jon...
I bet it's the same one you had. The key has a little number 62 at the top of one side, if that rings a bell. Also, the slight rust at the tip of the hasp looks identical. I can't imagine how few others might have survived along with the key (so I'm thinking that yours somehow made its way to me...)

Carlton...
It hasn't arrived yet (hope I didn't jinx it by posting prematurely) but I think the description said it's 4.25" tall by a little over 2" wide. Nice sized lock, if those dimensions are accurate.

Also, it's cool to see the Lighter Display in your collection. That's quite an impressive shelf you have there! Do you have a story (or any background info) on that Batter/Ashtray just in front of the Lighters? That's a beautiful piece, and the Batter portion looks nearly identical to a Figural piece I recently sold to our friend, Mike H. (but his resides on a circular black base). I had never seen another until seeing your photo.

All...
Thanks for the nice comments on the Anson Lock. I was fortunate to get it but did not "Pull a BrocK" (meaning steal it, for those new to this Forum). A complimentary reference to the enterprising collector who started this thread! Hard to know what it's worth, with so few others to compare it to. Though it was pricey, I don't think another will surface for some time. Definitely one of those things I would have kicked myself later, had I not gone after it. Now that I've said that, a whole hoard of 'em will probably turn up somewhere!