View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 01:47 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnVT View Post
cool images of key players will likely continue to be in high demand. I think that long term, photos that are historically significant are the best purchase in the hobby these days…lots of up-side and in some cases still somewhat affordable.
I agree. Lots of variability in listing too, which makes for some fun outcomes. It can be really, really hard to ID what you have, exactly. Take this small (4 x 5) team issue photo:

it is a 1984 Chicago Bulls TI. But my example was used so much for publication that it is impossible to date merely from the press use notations on the back.

Looks like an '88 but the clippings are covering over the original sets of notations.

Now, as far as pricing goes, I'd probably list this in mid-four-figures and if it doesn't sell happily keep it. Not aspirational pricing as much as "I don't really want to sell it" pricing. Most of us old-timer collectors (yeah, I am not even 60 but I've been at this since I was a kid, so old-timer applies) have things that we got into ahead of the wave(s) and won't replace, so they have to go if they go at a price that overcomes the sadness that they went.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-30-2022 at 01:55 PM.