Thread: BABE RUTH Help:
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Excellent work Trey. I would add that the out of town scoreboard shows Phila at Boston in the game at the bottom. Those two teams met in Boston for three games April 23-25. Although those same teams met in Boston the two other times when the Yankees were in DC, those later series were at the very end of May and the very end of July. Given that Babe appears to be wearing sleeves under his uniform, this photo was more likely taken during the cooler weather of April.
+1

I see "PHILA. BOSTON" at the bottom as well. "VISITORS WASH." or more likely "N.YORK WASH." would be at the top. The other two scores, boy I have to squint. "CHIGO." "DETROIT" "ST.LOU." "CLEVE." are some of the other options I've seen used at Griffith Stadium.

How cool would it have been to be in those added bleachers during the 1933 World Series? You probably had to walk out onto the field to get to your seats passing all that advertising. You were then right under the American flag and the massive stadium speakers. Your ears were probably ringing by the end of the game. I believe I read the reason for the odd shaped wall was because a homeowner refused to sell his property, so they built around it.