View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 06:32 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
When I think of all the downright disgusting BS that PWCC and others have engaged in over the years with their paper cutters, X-Acto knives and magic markers, I wish there was a fool-proof way to go back over the ownership history of my cards to see if any of them ever ended up spending time in a pathetic PWCC chop shop. Too bad every card doesn't have a unique cardboard DNA signature introduced into them. So like seeing that Great-Great Grandpa passed through Ellis Island over a century ago with two bucks and a dream, I would be able to see what stops a 1957 Topps Willie Mays made before it ultimately ended up in my shoebox.
It's unfortunate, granted I'm no expert but reading all the horror stories, or the fact that the grading companies have let a lot of altered cards go through there process only to receive a number grade, with no designation of it being altered just rubs me the wrong way. We have no idea what has been done to cards, before or after they were slabbed unless we pulled them from the pack ourselves.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.