View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:27 AM

Bob---Amazing. Visually, the Billy Williams and Gil Hodges are stunning. Your photo choices on them are unique, at least from my memory.

Your panel is a wonderful education for postwar collectors to glimpse the challenges facing a youngster under the age of 10 whose fine motor skills had not yet fully developed. Where the realities of 1961 were simply impossible to achieve a nice hand-cut card, the teensy weensy spaces between the cards of 1962-63 at least provided children a better chance of getting the entire card.

Then again, recalling the actual reality from back in the day when I was 8-years old, I did OK in cutting my 62s off the box, but rarely worthy of PSA and SGC rewarding it with a numerical grade, let alone something extraordinary as a MINT condition verdict. MINT Post cards are rare as hen's teeth.

Again, well done, Mr. Lemke. In case you missed my assessment of your resounding 1961 Post Cereal Sandy Koufax, I was enraptured with its beauty! A genuine work of baseball card art. I'm grateful to you, sir.

Respectfully, Brian Powell