View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 02:28 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
The '67 T Seaver has gotten a lot more expensive in low-mid grade than the Ryan....the scarcity is coming into play as a lot more people seem to be interested in completing the '67 set lately (so the "gotta just have the card" concept has driven that card way up in low/mid grade and taken most of them off the market). Anything around grade 5 or lower is now selling for almost double the Nolan Ryan rookie in the same grade.

Thing is though, high grade '67 Seavers are very cheap by comparison. At the moment, PSA 8 Ryan rookies sell for almost double PSA 8 Seaver rookies (the opposite of the lower grades). High grade Seavers are actually easier to get as a % of total pop for both cards. So despite the current demand for the Seaver in general, there isn't a big premium for a really nice one.

Anyway, looks like the Seaver might be replacing the Ryan as the most sought after pitcher card of the '60s, and is quickly catching up with the Rose rookie as the most desirable card of the decade. Which I would like to see, given that I think he was the best player of all of them.
The Seaver has always been a more expensive card than the Ryan owing to the fact it's a high number SP. But I would agree it's shot up again just recently too. The relationship to value with the Ryan has an interesting dynamic because Ryan's RC shot up when he was still an active player. I used to think Seaver was more a tough card than a desirable one simply because of it being a high number, but I would agree he was at least as good if not a better player than Ryan or Rose. I should have listened to my instincts and sprung for a midgrade one back 5 years or so ago when they were affordable. Oy!

Last edited by jchcollins; 07-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.