View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 10:07 AM

I just recently got back into cards after about a 25+ year hiatus. On a whim I was going through my closet a few weeks ago and found the 1991 Topps Jose Canseco #390 All Star mis-cut card that I pulled from a pack as a kid.

Its mis-cut almost perfectly across the very top of the Topps T that it looks like the brand is "Lopps" instead of Topps. You can see a small amount of the T from the next card on the bottom.

I thought it would be neat to check it out online and maybe get a copy of a "correct card" Which has turned into getting at least 1 "instance" meaning parallel, errors, misprint, variation of that card.

It just had to be 1991 Topps...this is were the White Whale part comes in. I mean its kinda 1 card, but it's several of 1 card. My White Whale morphs!

So far I have:

1. Mis-cut
2. Normal front/football back
3. Regular base
4. UV Glow back base
5. O-Pee-Chee
6. Tiffany
7. Micro
8. Desert Shield
9. Desert Shield with mis-stamp beyond the border(got it from a well known Canseco collector(Tanner) and from other info I have read, it is not a fake)
10. Entire sheet with the Canseco #390 on it(and 2 more sheets for most of the set I think).
11. 2016 Archives Autographed Signature Series Buyback.
12. 2015 Archives Autographed Signature Series Buyback

What I know exists but don't have a lead on is the 1991 O-Pee-Chee Pre Production Sample Sheet with the #390. Saw it on this forum I think from a picture a member named Mishi put up, but I have been unable to contact them.

What I think exists are but can't find at all are:

1. Double front version Canseco one side and someone else the other based on multiple other cards from the 1991 Topps set being that way for sale online.

2. Blank front based on a Ken Griffey Jr card I think is from the same sheet as the Canseco #390 that is for sale online.

3. Blank back which I have very little info on.

What I am pretty sure don't exist are:

1. Mini Cracker Jack

2. Topps Pre Production Sample (there is a #700 but I don't think the set include the All Stars in the Pre Production Sample but I could be wrong).

As you can see I am pretty far down the rabbit hole of finding this "1" White Whale card.

Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks!