View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Help ID'ing 1941 PCL issue & 1940s Nashville Vols issue?

I have this listed as a 1941 Seattle Raniers PCL issue. Can anyone confirm that or does anyone have another of these, or any other info? The size is approx. 6 1/8" x 4 1/8" and it's on thin cardboard stock. My guess is that it is in fact a team issued premium...but I don't know that for sure. Any help is appreciated. regards

Since there has been such overwhelming response to the original card id question I figure I will throw another out in the same thread . If my math is correct 0 + 0 = 0 is still correct . So, my assumption is that this Mel Hicks card/photo was put out by the Vols, maybe in a picture pack, to promote the team in the early-mid 1940's (when Mel played)? Same as the last question...any ideas or has anyone seen another one? I am sure each of these "cards" is not valuable even if they are the only ones known...I just want to consider how I should catalog them. My initial thoughts are using the catch-all ACC # of "H-Unc"....(at least I use it as a catch-all for any ad cards)....This Hicks card is approx. 4 x 5 and is glossy as a picture is....regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phunc1941seattleraniersteamcard.jpg (75.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg phunc1940snashvillevolshicks.jpg (67.7 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-01-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added a card