View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 06:48 AM

Default Chantilly Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
I certainly respect peoples right to make their own decisions. My take based on the most current information is 1) Yes, cases seem to be increasing in a lot of places - in part because of poor use of PPE 2) The mortality rate is actually materially decreasing - at its height I believe it was somewhere around 3-4% of those infected, currently down to about 1%. In a majority of those cases there was comorbidity. So, if you are in the higher risk age range and/or have prexisting comorbid factors like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabtetes, etc. then I believe it is a wise decision to wait. I am healthy, not in the highest risk age range, choose to properly use ppe and am REALLY looking forward to being at a show!
Very true. Here are the new CDC morality/survival rate numbers for the United States based on age group:

0-19 years - 99.997%
20-49 years - 99.8%
50-69 years - 99.5%
70+ years - 94.56%

Obviously, the rate significantly increases at 70 years or older (5% spike), and individuals in that age group need to take extra precautions. However, unless you have concerning pre-existing conditions, mortality rates for earlier ages are fairly consistent with the standard influenza flu. Self awareness for utilizing appropriate PPE & social distancing are critical and after speaking with Joe, I am confident CSA will be taking all of the necessary precautions.

Looking forward to the show!

Last edited by Vintageclout; 10-09-2020 at 06:50 AM.