View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordfest View Post
NFTs are not cards. If they become a thing I think it will be distinct from card collecting. Cards exist physically, NFTs do not.
Correct. And phones aren’t TVs, or cameras, or arcades, or computer… The times, they are a’ changin

I love cards. Physical, cardboard pictures of sports players. I like holding them, looking at them in person, passing them to someone, etc. I understand the resistance and denial. But I will gladly take bets (hell I will give odds) that NFTs are here to stay and a substantial portion of current and future collectors will have digital assets (yes “cards”) in the next 5 years.

How many people develop pictures anymore? When is the last time you took a physical picture and put it in a physical frame? Regardless of the answer I know it is much less than 10 years ago. People now have pictures on their phones, and on TV and computer screens when idling. And many picture frames are digital showing a digital slide show of images. How many people buy physical magazines and newspapers? A lot less than 5, 10, 20 years ago.

The good news is we can all keep our physical cardboard and nobody is required to buy digital collectibles. So do what you like. But just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not happening and/or will go away.

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 05-25-2022 at 09:00 AM.