View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
As printed tickets fade, the league envisions the NFT becoming the new ticket stub that proves you were in the ballpark
for a memorable game. The NFT would include a box score, a video highlight, and a story about the game.

That's just data, not a tangible souvenir. We can get all that on the intenet for free.

“When I grew up, I used to take my ticket, bring it home, and put it up on my bulletin board,” Lawin said. “I would collect those
over the course of the summer and that was a piece of my history, my experience. That opportunity has kind of gone away.
Things live on your phone or on a QR code on a piece of paper. Creating this dynamic digital ticket that starts to play
that same role, we’re really excited about that same storytelling element that the paper ticket and program might have
done in the past.”

They don't "live on" as electronic ephemera. The data exists, but what joy can there be in "looking it up"
instead of holding it? Unless looking at photos of your deceased friends or family members is every bit as good for you
as was being with those people...

The Phillies won just 59 games in 1972 but they sold 30,000 tickets that August when Wallenda walked across the Vet
between games of a doubleheader. It was another promotion by Bill Giles, who knew how to sell tickets even in lean years.
Fifty years later, an NFT could do the trick.

“In the past, we would give out a bobblehead or some other item. Now every fan in attendance can get access to a NFT.
It makes it sort of rare and special in that you actually had to be at the park that night to be eligible to get that NFT.
You can keep it with you forever and it makes you feel good like it did when you received that free bobblehead.”

Sounds delusional to us, but, whatever floats your boat...
|-/
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl