View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Packs, I don't know where you live but you're spot on about the LA media market.

The Angels are an afterthought in LA and Trout quietly goes about his business. That won't be true if he decides to head to FA and sign elsewhere as every waking moment will be under surveillance.

The pressure on Harper in Philly is going to be immense. But when you want the most money that comes with the territory.

It will be interesting to see how he performs under the circumstances.

He's already made a major gaff in wanting to bring a championship to DC, said during his intro as a Philly. 10 years and 330 mil, you had better get your team and city right.

Is anyone aware of psychological testing / profiling of players entering the FA market via smaller markets to large markets? I never hear anything about this, and I find it hard to believe teams are not in tune with this.

The media markets and pressures are so different between smaller markets and large markets.

I realize these are extreme examples, but Carl Crawford and Jason Bay are classic examples of small market high performers going to larger markets and busting.

Reggie Jackson is a complete opposite. The brighter the light, the more he shined.

For now, the Phillies are a nice team on paper, but let's see how they play under pressure from day 1. Their window to win is slim, this year and next.

Machado to the Padres? No pressure and SD is where players go for their careers to die.