View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I admit I have several copies but the faint differences are such minutia compared to the mostly easily identifiable Ripken differences make the Ripken so much more fun in my mind.

I think many collectors just need one copy and are satiated, but end up with the Ripken in uncensored first and then end up with scribbles, black box, white outs and sawcuts rather quickly.

Interested in hearing you talk about it to perhaps bring me to a new train of thought. Please add more info as the big Randy collectors and now you and Bnorth.
The very slight differences will drive you crazy with these cards. I have started to catalog them several times and never get it done. It was many years ago so my # might be off a little, At one time I had around 18-20 different versions cataloged.

Considering the extremely short period of time they printed them compared to the Ripken. They had to be making changes to it every few days with some done daily.

I will leave the so called completely clear sign version out of this. The rarest version IMO is the green scribble(scan). I have found 3 distinct versions of just this variation.

1) The blob/scribble covering Marlboro This is the version pictured.

2) Same as above with added black bar through the middle of the blob/scribble.

3) This one took me a few years to find. This one only has the black bar and you can clearly see the tops of the l and b in Marlboro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greenscribble.jpg (77.4 KB, 1759 views)